jewelry and ornament for people and places
Artists' Challenges resulting in sales
- "What Used to Be Good Still Is" is in Firebirds Rising, edited by Sharyn November, due out in April 2006
- "Follow Me Light," SCIFICTION, to be reprinted in The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror
- "Singing Them Back," sold to Baen's Universe. [Singing Them Back, "The necklace is about nipple-length, fairly heavy silver with purples and pinks, including lampwork and vintage beads. Some of the beads are mathy. Some are what markgritter describes as stealth bomber doves. Some are three-dimensionally hexagonal.]"
- "The Opposite of Pomegranates," also sold to Baen [earrings are 'Oh, yeah?' said the rock sprite] "[The earrings] match Singing Them Back. They're little purple rectangular solids on silver."
- "Ashes, Ashes," All Hallows (in press) [necklace is Why Do You Linger?]
- "Draco Campestris," Strange Horizons (just sold)
- "Katabasis: Seraphic Trains," Tales of the Unanticipated (in press) [necklace is Why Do You Linger?]
- "National Geographic On Assignment: Mermaids of the Old West," Fictitious Force (in press) [necklace is not mine; I just magpied the title]
- "Sidhe Tigers," Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet 13 (November 2003)
- "Three Letters from the Queen of Elfland," Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet 11 (November 2002)
- "Wait for Me," Naked Snake Online (September 2004) [necklace is Why Do You Linger?]
Other work you've sold connected with Lioness jewelry
- "Spirit Stone," Realms of Fantasy, October 2000 [necklace is Smoke and Mirrors
- the Dead Rivers trilogy -- Freedom's Gate, Freedom's Apprentice, and Freedom's Sisters [also inspired in part by Smoke and Mirrors] "(The stone that is a basic component of magic in the trilogy looks somewhat like labradorite). The character Zivar (a sorceress who teaches her craft in Freedom's Sisters) shares Elise's work habits and synesthesia, but not her personality. :-) Also, there is a necklace that shows up near the end of Freedom's Sisters that looks very much like the really, really huge blue one that truepenny has (I can't remember the name of that piece). Yeeeears ago I used to admire that necklace and think to myself that if I ever succeeded in selling this particular trilogy (which always contained a magical necklace that was used to bind water, even in its earliest incarnation) I would use part of the advance to buy that necklace. But truepenny got to it first. (And it looks much better on her than I think it would on me.)" The necklace is probably Somewhere Beneath Those Waves Was Her Home.
- Tooth and Claw, which contains the necklace The Crowded Minds of Dragons
Artists' Challenge work under contruction
Other work under construction and its associated jewelry
Return to main page
- Lifelode (or is it Lyflode?), which contains the necklace The Lady's Own Storm
- Poor Relations has the necklace "The Way They Tell It..."
- "And I'm still working on Five Seasons in the Summer Court, which also isn't mine, but the story starts "The three days immediately after Pearl Harbor, they put out that General MacArthur was resting in his room. That was a lie. Truth is, he spent that time in Elfland, getting a real grip on what air power means." I should finish that one and try it on Baen, it's very military. Got a picture of the necklace anywhere?"
Honor Your Inner Magpie!